On Monday 19th July in line with their plans to ease restrictions at step 4 for England, the government ended all legal restrictions on social contact. The statement that the government made about these easing of restrictions also confirmed that amateur singing will be allowed to commence in numbers greater than six people.
This means that The Rogues Shanty Chorus can recommence physical rehearsals and we are delighted to announce that we held our first rehearsal on Tuesday 20th July and also have the following sessions booked in:
- Tuesday 17th August, 7.00pm for 7.30pm | The Seagull Theatre, Morton Road, Pakefield, NR33 0JH
- Tuesday 31st August, 7.00pm for 7.30pm | The Seagull Theatre, Morton Road, Pakefield, NR33 0JH
- Tuesday 14th September, 7.00pm for 7.30pm | St. Edmund’s Church, Church Road, Kessingland, NR33 7SJ
We cannot wait to see you again! We are sure that many of you will be both happy to return but may also feel apprehensive about returning to your usual hobbies and activities – if you ARE planning to return to our rehearsals but we will ensure that you feel encouraged and confident to do so by the procedures we have in place to keep us all safe and COVID-compliant.
Therefore, we will:
- Encourage people who want to do so to wear face coverings as you enter, move about and leave our rehearsal space
- Encourage use of the hand sanitisers that are available at The Seagull Theatre
- Ask you to print your own lyrics at home, from the link below, where possible and bring to rehearsals with you.
If you would like to see the previous measures that we adopted in Autumn 2020 (when we briefly managed to recommence physical rehearsals) as well as the preparations we made to recommence in July 2021, you can visit this page to do so.